Friday, 16 December 2011

Tring Reservoirs

My school ended today at 12 because we were breaking up for the Christmas holidays. I had heard that there was a Snow Bunting at Tring so I decided to go and find it. I got the London Midland train from Kings Langley to Tring at 12:59 and arrived at Tring around 13:15. I set off for Startop's End Reservoir straight away. When I arrived I got off my bike and walked the rest of the way along the bank until I saw someone looking at the Snow Bunting. I went over to him and found it almost immediately feeding on the bank. I took out my brothers scope and placed it on the tripod and trained it on the Snow Bunting so that I could diggie scope it. The Snow Bunting was surprisingly close and I managed to obtain a few pictures with my iPod Touch. Unfortunately my iTouch has not got very many megapixals so the picture is not of the best quality.

I also managed to get some footage of it with my camcorder.

After watching the Snow Bunting for a while I began to get cold and decided to go onto Wilstone Reservoir. I arrived at Wilstone Reservoir and found someone I know and chatted to them for a while before going onto the hide and looking for the Bewick Swan's. On the way I stopped off at a hedge were I saw a flock of at least 20 Redwing and Fieldfare. I also saw a huge amount of wildfowl fly up when thy had been disturb by something which was a magnificent sit.  I managed to see the Bewick Swan's and identify them as 2 adults and 2 juv. Before I thought that there was 4 adults. From the hide I also saw 2 Golden Plover medaled in a group of Lapwings. I did not have much time to look for much more because I was getting cold and my train was leaving in the next 50 mins and I still wanted to look round the reservoir.By the time I got round the reservoir I realised that I only had 26 mins to get to the station. I cycled as fast as I could but it was so wet that if I cycled fast I would just do some wheel spin. Unfortunately I missed the first train and had to wait half an hour before I could got the second. I was very wet and and muddy by the time I got to Kings Langley so I went to my dads office (which is closer than my home) and left my bike there and went back home with my dad later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment